Events Terms and Conditions
Thank you for your interest in attending an event organised by Shalis Institute. Before you proceed to purchase tickets, please read through the following terms and conditions:
1. In this section, the event you are planning to attend organised by Shalis Institute will be referred to as the ‘Event’.
2. The words like ‘holder’, ‘bearer’, and ‘purchaser’ will refer to you – the person who will buy the ticket/s to a Shalis Institute Event. On the other hand, ‘Shalis Institute’, ‘our’, ‘us’, ‘we’, ‘issuer’, ‘provider’ and similar terms will indicate the organisers of the Event – Shalis Fest Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 12098333, with a registered office address: 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ, UNITED KINGDOM
3. A ‘Ticket’ is either a piece of paper or electronic equivalent that gives the holder a right to enter the ‘Event’ subject to the terms of the ‘Venue’ and ‘Event Organisers’. The electronic equivalent must have a barcode of sufficient quality to be considered valid.
5. Please note that Shalis Institute reserves the right to make changes, revisions, and amendments, or add/remove sections from this set of terms and conditions – without any prior notifications to you. Such changes will be duly reflected on the website of the organiser www.shalisinstitute.com. These changes will relate back to the date of purchase of the Event’s tickets.
6. The price of the tickets is non-negotiable.
7. The ticket you purchase represents a revocable license for you to access the specified Venue on the ‘Date’, when the Event is scheduled to be hosted. The license includes the revocable right to attending the Event. This license can be revoked at any time by the issuer at its sole discretion, without any prior notifications or compensation options. If the license is revoked, you will not be granted entry at the venue.
8. The bearer has to assume full responsibility of the Event tickets, once (s)he receives it. Shalis Institute has no liabilities – financial, legal, or otherwise – in case the delivered tickets are stolen, lost, damaged, destroyed or rendered unusable in any other way.
9. Kindly note that www.shalisinstitute.com and Eventbrite - our third party ticketing provider, at www.eventbrite.co.uk are the only authorised sources for purchasing the tickets for the Event. If you obtain your ticket(s) from any other unauthorised source, you take on the risks of those tickets turning out to be counterfeit or reported to be stolen. The issuer has the right to dishonour such stolen/counterfeit tickets and declare them as void.
10. The Event tickets delivered to you are not meant to be used for illegal reselling, copying, reproducing, or misrepresenting in any form. You cannot use the ticket(s) for any promotional/advertising purposes either (including sweepstakes and competitions) without our prior approval. Any proven record of such activities will result in immediate seizure and cancellation of your ticket(s).
11. Please note that Event tickets cannot be redeemed against cash, credits, or any other benefits.
12. Shalis Institute has the right to investigate if there has been any violation of the ticketing terms and conditions. In case of any conflicts, the decision of Shalis Institute will be deemed final (i.e., the issuer will remain the final arbiter in cases of disputes).
13. The event service will be deemed to have been delivered in its entirety as soon as the Event starts on the Date specified on the ticket.
14. If you are not able to access any particular section(s) of the Venue due to delays, federal regulations, organiser policies, weather-related problems, emergencies, venue shutdown/evacuation or any other reason, you will not be eligible for any refunds or future credits.
15. If the Event is cancelled in its entirety due to any unforeseen circumstances, Shalis Institute has the sole and absolute right to:
i) reschedule the event, or
ii) issue a partial/full refund, or
iii) not issue any refunds.
Please note that the decision of the issuer in such cases will be deemed final and binding.
16. If the Event is cancelled due to any factors or causes not in the control of the issuer, the latter will offer a partial or full refund, or postpone the event, or provide a comparable ‘make good’ option. These factors will be inclusive of, but not limited to, natural disasters, federal/state announcements, strikes, delays in production, and the like. The decision of Shalis Institute will be considered final.
17. If the Event has to be rescheduled to other dates, you will not be eligible for any refunds. In case the event is fully cancelled, the refund, if issued, will include ONLY the face value/printed value of the ticket(s). The bearer cannot, under any circumstances, claim refunds on shipping fees, processing fees, handling fees, and such other charges.
18. Losses, if any, occurring due to foreign exchange fluctuations at the time of refunds, have to be borne by the purchaser. Shalis Institute cannot be, in any way, held liable for that.
19. All ticket sales are deemed as FINAL TRANSACTIONS. There will be no ticket returns/exchanges/cancellations.
20. By purchasing the event tickets, you automatically confirm that you/the attendee(s) are of the ‘minimum age’ or older, at the time of buying the ticket(s). The ‘minimum age’ for attending the Event is 18.
21. If it is proven beyond doubt at the venue that an attendee is below the ‘minimum age’, (s)he will not be granted entry to the Event. No refunds, full or partial, will be issued either.
22. At the time of entering the event venue, you are required to produce the ticket and a valid identification document (ID). By presenting an ID, you confirm that all details present on it are accurate and updated.
23. By purchasing the Event tickets and presenting the same at the venue, you give your consent to Shalis Institute to collect certain information about yourself (name, pictures, date of birth, gender, address, etc.) for verification and storage.
24. By purchasing the Event tickets you give your consent and permission for the organiser to become the sole owner of any intellectual property and related materials, including any photographs, audio and video recordings of you / your party that are produced during the event to be stored and used by the organiser without any restrictions. If you wish to opt out, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
25. You hereby agree to forego all types of surcharge claims – full or in part – and all claims & entitlements related to it.
26. Shalis Institute does not take any responsibility to personal/financial damages caused to you at the venue, or for any items lost/stolen/misplaced at the venue. Financial reimbursement claims on these counts will not be entertained.
27. Shalis Institute follows a common ‘zero-tolerance policy’ towards unauthorised drug or alcohol usage or carrying at the venue, AND towards any type of behaviour/actions that can be interpreted as lewd or obscene. If you are found in possession of prohibited items at the Event and/or if you indulge in any objectionable action, your participation in the event will be terminated immediately. Your event ticket(s) will become void from that point on.
28. Please note that you purchase the Event tickets on your own free will. As such, you do not have the right to initiate a chargeback claim or dispute on the provider of the credit card/debit card that had been used for the transaction. Further refund/return/cancellation requests will not be entertained either.
29. In all cases of disputes between the ticket-bearer and the ticket-issuer, the decision of the latter will be deemed final. In case a dispute cannot be resolved, the help of an independent third-party arbiter will be sought. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts and will be governed by and to be construed in accordance with the laws of England.
Thank you for reading and accepting our Terms & Conditions. We really hope you will have a great time at the Shalis Institute Event.